SIB70110 Vocational Graduate Cert IPL / Laser
SIB 70110 VOCATIONAL GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN IPL / LASER
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply substantial specialised knowledge and skills to design and safely apply non-ionising radiation treatments using intense pulsed light and laser technologies to reduce unwanted hair on the face and body.
In this role they make complex, high level, independent judgements in consulting with clients and analysing their skin and hair characteristics, designing and evaluating intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatment programs, selecting and using appropriate technology, and applying it within the context of safe client and operator practices and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Ongoing technological developments in this area of practice require the use of broad knowledge and the identification, analysis and evaluation of information from a variety of sources to build personal capability.
Practice may be undertaken in the hair reduction stream of the beauty industry or in other settings where cosmetic laser hair reduction services are offered.
Students must complete all core units by way of written assessment, practical application and theory. We supply students with workbooks to complete in their own time and they must then complete hours by way of practical examination and theory. The course is a Nationally Recognised Training Package SIB 70110 Vocational Graduate Certificate in IPL / Laser.
Further to this the student may also complete Laser Safety Training Courses or Laser Tattoo Removal Courses if required.
We offer a nationally accredited SIB70110: Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light & Laser Hair Reduction on the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Logan, Sunshine Coast, Melbourne, and Sydney. Completing this qualification will allow you to become competent in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction techniques. This is a comprehensive course for those working in the medical or beauty industry looking to specialise in dermal therapy. Build on your current skills as a nurse or beauty therapist by gaining the knowledge to design and safely apply IPL and laser hair reduction techniques.
**ADDED EXTRA: Skin Rejuvenation: The current course does not include skin rejuvenation. It is on hair reduction. However due to industry demand we are including skin rejuvenation using IPL and laser as part of your training to ensure our graduates are fully equipped in all aspects of IPL and laser treatments.
You’ll learn to:
- Design and apply non-ionising radiation treatments using intense pulsed light and laser technologies to reduce unwanted hair on the face and body
- Select and use appropriate technology, and apply it safely and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Analyse ongoing technological developments and evaluate information from a variety of sources to build personal capability
Successful graduates can be confident that they’ll leave job ready, with the practical experience and skills needed to pursue many of the exciting career options in this rapidly expanding industry. Ongoing technological developments in this area of practice require the use of broad knowledge and the identification, analysis and evaluation of information from a variety of sounds to build personal capability. Practice may be undertaken in the hair reduction stream of the beauty industry.
On completion of the Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction Qualification.
You will receive
- ** ADDED EXTRA: A Laser Safety Officer Certificate ED224 approved by QLD Radiation Health
- A Graduate Certificate Qualification
This will enable you to apply an application to QLD Radiation Health for a learner licence to be able to operate a laser.
Experienced educators, who are expects in the field, will guide you through the program, which involves a combination of theory and practical.
- HLTIN402B Maintain Infection Standards
- SIBBHRS705A Apply Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Safety Protocols
- SIBBHRS706A Design Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair reduction programs
- SIBBHRS707A Provide Intense and Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction treatments
- SIBBRES702A Investigate developments in Cosmetic treatments using Light or Laser systems.
- Revive Cosmetic and skin clinic, 6/2 Bulwama St, Shailer Park QLD 4128
- Beauty Through Nature, 35 South Pine Road, Alderley, QLD 4051
- Dermal Solutions, Plaza Pde, Maroochydore, QLD 4558
- Lavie Med Spa, 28 Lime St, Sydney, NSW 2000
Options can be organised to suit your busy life style.
The course tuition costs $7,900.
Individuals will need to meet the following;
Diploma of Beauty or a relevant qualification of diploma level or above in medical health, including the study of human biology, anatomy& physiology, & significant and relevant vocational experience as a beauty therapist with a primary focus on providing facial services; or evidence of significant and relevant vocational experiences relating to the application of human biology anatomy and physiology knowledge in their respective field.